Sunday, August 15, 2010

Week 6

Well another week down. This week I started with a great 5k run, taking another minute off my best time, set 2 days ago, and getting below 6min / km for the first time in this training so far. That was followed by a not so fast 8, and 5 k on the next 2 days. The good thing about those runs is that I felt terrible, slow, heavy legs etc. But still ran times that a few weeks ago I would have though were good. So I am starting to get better.

University and work commitments combined to stop me doing a the long run on the weekend, but I did manage a 8k. Again, didn't feel good, but still came home faster than the previous 8k from the same course. So all in all a positive week.

For next week things are stepping up. Not in terms of running, in terms of weight. Its back to the South Beach Diet for a while, until I get my weight down to where it needs to be for a marathon. Hopefully it all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment