Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Update

Well, I'm not sure what week of training it is anymore, and it's been a long time since I updated this thing, but here we go anyway. I've given up on running a full marathon this year, I just don't have the time around my studies to do the miles I need to do. How ever I haven't totally given up! I am still running, and have been averaging 20-25km per week. Also the diet, which I said I was going to start has been going well. I'm far from perfect, but have dropped my weight significantly, about 12kg down so far, and my fitness is improving. On average I'm 30 sec / km faster than I was in July. In my last post I was happy to get down to 6min/km, now that's normal and 5.30 - 5.45 is fast. So for the rest of the year I'm aiming to get my half marathon time down to the 2 hour mark... and I'm thinking that this one is possible. I'm targeting the Kerikeri half marathon in November for this. I'm also entered into the round Taupo bike race, as part of a 2 man relay.

And finally, the distances I ran in August:

No comments:

Post a Comment