Tuesday, December 7, 2010

So what now?

Its been interesting times since Taupo. For the first time since May, I haven't got an event on the horizon to train for. I've been away from home for work for most of the time since the weekend of Taupo, so its been very easy not to do any training. I've only run 20km since the Kerikeri half marathon, which is nothing really. And haven't touched the bike since I got home a week ago.

The next big event I'm targeting is going to be the 2011 Northern Crossing Duathalon, which isn't until May. No doubt I'll do some more events between now and then (The guys I did Taupo with are already talking about going down and having a go at the round taranaki cycle challenge at the end of January). But my main goal, for the next 3-4 months is to build up a huge base level of fitness, in preparation for targeted events in the 2nd half of 2011. Specifically what I want to do, on a weekly basis is:
  • Short runs (5km) in the mornings (before work) 5 days a week.
  • 3x medium - long runs a week. (approx 2 x 10km during the week, 1 x 15k ish on the weekend)
  • 3x cycles (2 x medium length during the week, approx 1 hour, 1 x long on the weekend, 2 - 4 hours)
This would end up with me running around 60km/week and cycling for 80 - 120 km/week which is a big step up from where I am at the moment, so will take some time to get to. But if I'm able to get to that then I will be at a level I should be happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment