Sunday, January 9, 2011

It begins again!

Training that is. The first full week of the year saw me complete the first week of my new training program. First up is a 4 month long base building stage, that will see me running and cycling  times a week, building up to 45km/week running, and 130+km/week cycling.

The first week was a nice easy start, 2x8km runs, a 10km long run, 2x18km cycles and a long cycle of 30km. I'm also trying to add some strength workouts to my routine, at this stage its nothing special at all, 2 sets each of 10 push ups and 15 sit ups, 4 times this week. Next week, that's going to increase to 5 times, and exercises are going to be slowly added until I am doing a decent amount. But I feel that like running, its best to slowly increase, than jump straight into huge workouts.

So that's me for now... It feel's good to be getting back into things.

No comments:

Post a Comment