Monday, February 7, 2011

February week 1

Great week training. By far my most consistent week this year, 3 runs (32km, 3:15) 3 bikes (99km, 4:06) and 3 swims (3000m, 1:19). On the negative side, I ended the week feeling quite drained and tired, but that's to be expected starting to ramp up the fitness like I am I guess. The other negative side is that I'm struggling to find the energy/time for strength workouts. And judging from how I struggled to get up hills on my long ride strength is something that I need to work on.

So my goals for next week are 1. Complete 3x swim/bike/run workouts and 2. Re-begin strength workouts of some description.

I've also added some new events on my 'to do' list, firstly the Carters Mangawhai Triathlon, a sprint triathlon (500m swim / 17km Ride / 5km Run) which I have entered and will make my triathlon debut at in 2 weeks. And the Avanti 100km Flyer, a 100km bike race from Rotorua to Taupo. I haven't entered it yet, but it sounds like the guys I did the round Taupo with are all keen to go, so looks likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment