Monday, March 21, 2011

March, Week 3

Another week has come and gone. The year continues to slip away for too fast.

This week, was only a 5 day week as far as training goes, as I said in my last post, I was out of town for work Tuesday / Wednesday, so no training then. I ended up with 1 swim (only 1000m this week...) The same 2 Runs (25km in 2:22) as last week and 3 cycles (92km in 4:12)

The positive here has to be the riding, its the first time I've biked 3 time in a week for weeks. However, its a double edged sword. One of my rides was a 42km ride in the country, a particularly hilly part of the country I might add as shown in the elevation profile below.


In hindsight, I didn't plan things very well, doing my long run (15km) the day before my long, hilly ride. I also don't think I ate enough before the ride, only 2 pieces of PB and honey toast. Anyway, the end result was fairly brutal, I ended up walking the bike (first time this year) up some of the hills. And although I finished the ride, I did it with an average speed of 19km/hr. So riding is also the big negative of the week.

This was a big reality check for me, from now on I am going to make an effort to try to ride 'rolling country roads' regularly (most likely once a week) from now on. I also need to makes sure that I'm biking more regularly, at least 3 times a week... even if that means missing some runs. I knew biking was my weak point, but this just enforced how much work I still have to do. There are 7 weeks till the northern crossing, so there is time, but I need to get cracking on it. The first goal, do the ride without walking the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment