Sunday, May 29, 2011

May, week 4

What to say this week. Nothing amazing and unexpected to report, pretty much just been carrying on how I have been for the last few weeks.

I did take things a little easier than previous weeks, Monday was 14 days without a break, which I think is really too much for me as I was starting to feel run down / worn out by the end. So I only got on the bike once to drop the hours a bit, but kept up with the running schedule.

Running wise things are looking good. I feel that I'm starting to get back to where I was at earlier in the year. And I do have the numbers to back it up too. I ran a 24:40 5km this week, which is about a minute faster than I've managed before. I also had my first long run for a while, 15km, which I knocked out, quite easily, in 1:25:24. So I'll give it another week or so before I make the call, but Wellington is looking more likely. Over all I ran 38km in 3 hours 33, biggest week of the year for the 2nd week running.

I'll be away for work again for one, possibly 2 nights next week. So I'll be having another enforced break, not that that's a bad thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment