Monday, June 27, 2011

June, Week 4

Last week was the last week before a cut back week, so as you would imagine I’ve been feeling a bit tired, definitely approaching the limit of how much training I can handle. I have no doubt that that amount will increase over time, but for now this is the limit.

I was out of town for work 2 days during the week, the result of this is that I missed one of my short bikes. Other than that I achieved everything that I set out to do for the week.

Swimming, twice at the pool this week, for 2500m total in 58 minutes.
Biking, as I said I missed one of my short bikes, so I had 1 interval session and 1 long (zone 2/3) ride on the trainer for a total of 59km in 2 hours 22 minutes.
Running, all good this week, 2 x 10km midweek runs and a long, 18km run on Sunday for a total of 38km in 3 hours 47 minutes. No speed work this week however, as I was starting to feel a bit tired…

As I said above, this week is a cutback week. I haven’t decided exactly how it will take shape, but one thing I want to focus on is increasing the amount of time I spend on the bike relative to running/swimming, I’m quite happy with the amount of running and swimming I’m doing, but know that I’m not doing enough on the bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment