Monday, July 11, 2011

July, Week 1

Back into training after my rest week. And reasonably happy with what I accomplished. But as usual room for improvement.

One of the things that I've realized is that I am running too much for this stage of my training plan. I'm not biking or swimming as much as I want to be, but I'm still meeting my weekly time targets. I don't see any point in taking a step back on the amount of running that I'm doing, so I may end up doing more time than planned the next 2 weeks, to get my biking and swimming numbers up a bit...

This week I only made the pool once, for an easy 1250m,
Biked 3 times, twice for 45 minute interval sessions watching the TdF, and a 90 minute long ride on the trainer.
Running, 2 10ks mid week and a 15k long run on Saturday. The long run was a bit disappointing, my pace was well down from where my previous long runs have been. But so long as its not the start of a trend I'm not getting worried about it.

For next week, its just a case of keep on going how I've been going... reasonably happy with things at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment