Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July, Not the greatest

July Training Log

Well, after my biggest ever month training in June, July has been a let down. Only managing 25 hours training time. This has been due to real life, in the form of work getting in the way of training. I had 2 weeks where I was out of Auckland for a reasonable period of time (You can see the 6, and 2 day gaps at the start and end of the month) This loss of training time really impacted on my ability to reach the goals I've set for myself.

The plus side of the month, is that somehow I was able to record my highest mileage running for the year. Which I'm quite happy with, I have noticed in the last few weeks that I feel like I'm starting to run well again. We will find out for sure in October, when I aim to compete in a Half Marathon for the first time in over a year.

What this means tho, is that most of my missing workouts were biking, which was well down, and by far the least I've done for the year. I've also been slipping on my diet, and my weight has been creeping back up. So this month, the negatives out weigh the positives.

For August, I want to get back to where I was a few months ago, weight going down, and sitting at 30-35 hours of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment