Friday, October 5, 2012

September Training Log

A good solid month of training. Despite missing the first week and a bit of the months runs (due to the calf twinge from the end of August) this was my 2nd highest volume month ever. About 36 hours for the month. Up slightly from 35 in August.

After the short running break I've changed my strategy  and returned to the run/walk idea I was using earlier in the year. And it seems to work ok. I've been doing runs, at average paces that I'm very happy with. It's not ideal, and I would rather run non stop, but I think run/walk might be the best way to get the the start line of Ironman Auckland injury free.

Biking has gone ok, after a relatively light august I'm back up to the sort of volume that I should be doing. And swimming is the same story as normal... I need to do more of it. I'm not loosing any swim fitness, but I'm not improving either. Which I need to do before January 20th.

For next month I'm looking for a bit of an increase. Aiming to be back above 40 hours for October as I continue to build towards the HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment